Diyosesis ng Antipolo
Parokya ng Immaculada Concepcion. Pambansang Dambana ng Ina ng Kapayapaan at Mabuting Paglalakbay
Lungsod ng Antipolo
Programa Sa Mahal Na Araw (Kwaresma 2015)
— Parts of the program copied on the poster in front of the Antipolo Cathedral…
Miyerkules Santo (Abril 1)
- 6:00 ng Gabi — Prusisyon
Hwebes Santo (Abril 2)
- 6:00 ng umaga —Misa ng Krisma
- 4:00 ng hapon — Pagmimisa sa pagtatakipsilim sa paghahapunan ng Panginoon. Paghuhugas ng Paa, Pagdiriwang ng huling hapunan.
- 6:00 ng gabi— Prusisyon ng Banal na Sakramento ng Pagtatanod hanggang ika-12 ng hatinggabi (Iminumungkahi na dalawin ang Santisimo Sakramento na nakalagak sa Immaculate Concepcion Chapel)
- 7:30 ng gabi — Istasyon ng krus mula tikling hanggang Katedral ng Antipolo (Mayrooon ding Istasyon ng Krus sa Sumulong Highway)
Biyernes Santo (Abril 3)
- — Araw ng Pangingilin at Pag-aayuno
- 3:00 ng hapon — Pagdiriwang ng pagpapakasakit ng panginoon. Pagpaparangal sa Krus na Banal
- 5:00 ng hapon — Prusisyon ng Libing
Sabado De Gloria (Abril 4)
- 5:00 ng Hapon — Prusisyon ng “SOLEDAD”
- 10:00 ng gabi — Magdamagang pagdiriwang ng Pasko ng Pagkabuhay.
Linggo ng Muling Pagkabuhay
- 4:00 ng madaling araw — Prusisyon ng “Salubong” (Lugar: Kanto ng P. Oliveros St., at M.L. Quezon St.,
Mga Larawan ng Istasyon
The Museo Pambata in Roxas Blvd., Manila were visited by the students, teachers and parents of The Jesus Church – Children of Tomorrow, Inc. (TJCCOT), Antipolo City, last February 28, 2015 as one on the list of their annual educational tour. — That’s us!
Museo Pambata were our third destination since we had already been in Santa Elena FUN Farm and Nuvali of Laguna Province. The travel from one place to another is a little bit fast so we could cover all the scheduled destination.
What is Museo Pambata? Why visit?
The Museo Pambata is an interactive children’s museum in the City of Manila. It is located along Roxas Blvd. corner South Drive. The museum is well-known on their hands-on exhibits integrated with the children’s curiosity and playful nature.
I had been reading reviews of the Museo Pambata over the internet and they are consistently and highly respected. They are admired because Museo Pambata’s staffs and volunteers are never exhausted in their outreach programs to sharing their boundless knowledge and creativity particularly to the urban poor children on the City of Manila.
We are of course no longer new in several ‘ningas-kugon’ programs for children’s education which were used in some political and advertising campaigns. Museo Pambata is already more than 10 years in their dedication to help and educate Filipino childrens.
100 Images on Video of Museo Pambata.
The Jesus Church – Children of Tomorrow, Inc. of Antipolo City wholly supports the Museo Pambata and any other campaign related to a better education for the Filipino children.
Can we have something like this in Antipolo City?
Yes, Antipolo could be a City of Arts and Culture. Antipolo is related to Angono, Rizal, Arts Capital of the Philippines, why can we not create a PUBLIC museum at least similar to Museo Pambata. There’s no limitation when it comes to educating and helping our little children.
Part of the itinerary of TJCCOT Annual Educational Tour 2015 were a visit to Yexel’s Museum at the Manila Ocean Park.
First 4 Parts of the TJCCOT Educational Tour 2015 were published at Blogs Interchange. Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4. The First 4 parts were all about our visit at the Santa Elena FUN Farm, Cabuyao City, Laguna.
What is Yexel’s Museum? — Toy Museum
Yexel’s Museum is a collection of toys by Yexel Sebastian with the main museum located in Las Piñas, Philippines. His second museum, Yexel’s Toy Collection, is located inside the Boom na Boom Complex in Pasay City. The third, the Amazing Stories of Yexels Museum is located at the Manila Ocean Park.
Who is Yexel Sebastian?
Yexel is one of the most popular Filipino Toy Collector and an Artist. His story is narrated on the image below which I took before the exit of his museum at the Manila Ocean Park.
As an art enthusiast, the visit at Yexel’s Toy Museum in Manila Ocean Park were a big reward for me and a perfect gift for my kids who themselves appreciate art very much. I already had seen a lot of resin works but the toys in the museum is beyond compare. The toys had just resurrected my inner child.
The Amazing Stories of Yexel’s Museum
The Antipolo Hinulugang Taktak Falls and National Park (Protected Landscape) is once again open for public visits. It was reopened last February 13, 2015.
Hinulugang Taktak is a waterfall found in Antipolo City of Rizal Province. The waterfall area has been designated as a National Park by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources.
It’s been a week after the opening when I visited the area and I am impressed with the improvements after an almost a year that it was closed.
“Maipagmamalaki nating mga Antipolenyo na maibalik sa dating ganda ang tinaguriang pinaka-popular na tourist spot sa lungsod at inaasahan natin ang pagdagsa ng mga turista para makita ang Hinulugang Taktak,” — Mayor Jun Ynares
Remarkable Improvements of Hinulugang Taktak
The most important change that I appreciate most is the Hinulugang Taktak Falls flowing water and the river banks. I do not see garbages anymore. Seems like the filter above and the continuous cleaning is doing well. Although, the efforts may not be enough to totally filter it into crystal clear, it is good enough for the start. It would really need more labor and funding to filter the water of the river.
The first notable change would be the parking space before the entrance. The line of sari-sari stores were already removed. I presume those people were transfered to a better place.
I remember, we use to eat on those huts after a tiresome travel from Metro Manila, before we proceed to Hinulugang Taktak Falls below.
Without those huts, sari-sari stores, and eatery, you may need to drop by at the Bayan (Gitna / Center of Antipolo — Near the Antipolo Cathedral) to find some place to eat or better yet bring snacks or foods. Or, the New Public Market of Antipolo City is now only 5 minutes walk from Hinulugang Taktak. You may ask the hospitable people of Antipolo City for directions.
The Hinulugang Taktak Falls during the night!
Antipolo City’s Christmas Fiesta 2014
“Halina’t Makisaya sa Kapistahan sa Antipolo.”
The Antipolo Fiesta is annually celebrated every December 8 in honor of the Immaculate Conception of Mary (Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage). Traditionally, all barangays and schools have its participation on a month-long celebration of the fiesta which starts as early as the third week of November and through the whole month of December as it is simultaneously celebrated with the Christmas Holiday Season.
This year’s activities include Dance Contests, The Inter School Parol Making Contest, The Grand Parade which was held during the ‘bisperas’ (December 7), The Traditional Inter School Drum and Lyre Competition (December 8), The Search and The Grand Coronation of the Mutya ng Antipolo 2014 and more.
Antipolo Fiesta Grand Parade
(December 7, ‘Bisperas’)
As always, the procession started at Ynares Center parking grounds and proceeded through Oliveros Street, General Luna Street, J Sumulong Street, Sto. Niño Street, C Lawis Street, JP Rizal Street and back to Oliveros Street then straight to the Antipolo Cathedral. The front of the parade almost meet the tail in corner of JP Rizal and Oliveros Streets.
The joyous march were marked on the faces of the people as they watch the remarkable exhibitions of the marching bands.
After the parade, selected marching bands also performed an at the Sumulong Park.
Day of Antipolo Fiesta — December 8
Drum and Lyre Inter School Competition
Despite the forecasted entry of a super typhoon on this day, the competition were accomplished cheerfully. The contest were participated by the city’s different schools from elementary to high school. Spectators and participants of the event were protected and very grateful for the use of the Ynares Center.
Other events were rescheduled due to the super typhoon.
An early Merry Christmas is celebrated in Antipolo City. A 25 feet tall christmas tree were lighted by the Hon. Mayor Jun Ynares III last November 4, 2014 to start the Christmas Celebration in Antipolo City.
Simultaneously, other municipalities of Rizal Province also lighted their own christmas trees.
After switching the lights of the christmas tree, a surprising and spectacular fireworks display were also held and the crowd got even happier.
“Ang liwanag ay simbolo ng pagasa, sa hirap ng buhay, kahit papano ang ganitong simpleng selebrasyon ay nakapagdudulot ng saya sa aming mga kababayan… kaya, isang paraan ng pagbati sa kanila ng Merry Christmas!” — Mayor Jun Ynares III
Translation: “Light symbolizes hope, through hardness of life, in little ways, simple celebration like this gives happiness to our fellow-citizens… this is a way of greeting them a Merry Christmas!” — Mayor Jun Ynares III
The tree is made of recycled materials like plastic bottles, wrappers and etc. The combined colors of different materials make the tree very eye-catching even during the day.
Antipolo Christmas Tree (More Photos)
Another highlight of the 113th Foundation Day Celebration is the Rizal Trade and Tourism Fair held at Ynares Center Complex in Antipolo City. Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the province participated by selling, displaying and promoting their original products like accessories, bags, rtw, handicrafts, footwears and etc. Native foods and Agricultural products from every municipality of the province were also boasted and sold in most reasonable prices.
The month-long celebration of the Rizal Foundation Day is motivated by a united Rizaleños theme, “Pasyal sa Rizal, Sining, Kultura at Turismo” (Visit Rizal, Arts, Culture and Tourism). It is a theme relative to the aim of the Department of Tourism in boosting tourism industry with the motto, “It’s more Fun in the Philippines”.
The provincial government’s support for the SMes is greatly appreciated. It will surely benefit the Rizaleños and businesses of the Rizal Province.
Rizal Trade and Tourism Fair Handicrafts
Shoes & Bags
Displaying the craftsmanship of Rizaleños. Shoes and bags made with water hyacinth (water lily).
While waiting for all the runners to arrive at the Finish Line and while waiting for the results of the Unity Run 2, an aerobics exercise in zumba dance were started.
Three Zumba Dance instructors alternately led a lively aerobics dance while most participants of the Unity Run 2 joined. It seemed that the 3 or 5 kilometers run were not enough for their exercise, they had so much more to give.
Everyone had so much fun!
I can’t help myself but also to dance with the beat while taking pictures and videos. More videos on YouTube.
Zumba Aerobics Dance Photos.
Zumba is a 90’s aerobics dance exercise that involves energetic moves that could help tone muscles. It a a combination of several dance and music like hip-hop, mambo, samba, salsa, tango and etc. The Zumba dance fitness program is getting so popular in Antipolo City.
The Unity Run 2 project of S.O.N.A.A (SMHS, OLPS, ANHS Alumni Association) were held successful today, June 8, 2014. The Fun Run started at Dimasalang Park and ended at Ynares Center, Antipolo City.
- SMHS — Sumulong Memorial High School
- OLPS — Our Lady of Peace School
- ANHS — Antipolo National High School
The proceeds of the event will go to the scholarship program funded by the group. This year, the group targeted to support 10 scholars of ANHS for the school year 2014-2015. As also announced today, there will be more events coming and hopefully increase the funds to support more scholars.
Unity Run 2 Top Finishers
Unity Run 2 Snapshots
“Thanks to the organizers of the Unity Run & S.O.N.A.A. — we do appreciate your objective in charity works and we will continue to support you”
“The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future in life.” — Plato
The peaceful atmosphere of Antipolo City evening will make you appreciate your whole day undertakings however hard it may had been. The air in Antipolo is somewhat healing that it soothes the wrinkles on your face as you cool down from work and from travel.
Antipoleños working in Metro Manila start arriving on a happy face as they step down from their transport vehicles. Most of them takes a little walk while picking some pasalubongs for their family. Some people take a visit at the Cathedral for a little prayer.
Antipolo City’s Friendly Nightlife
Consider Antipolo as an option for Night Outs. Driving through the Sumulong Highway while hopping to different restaurants or bars may be a great alternative.
Finding your favorite place to meet your friends everyday or occasionally to reinvigorate your friendship is easy and simple because all places here are peaceful and safe.
Overlooking the sparkling lights of Metro Manila is always a remarkable experience.
Romantic dining may also be arranged in any of the restaurants.
Bars and Restaurants Photos
24 Hours Stablishments in Antipolo City.
Resorts and Private Pools
Most Resorts and Private Pools are also 24 hours open during summer.
A day before Mother’s Day, 10 May 2014, The Araw ni Inay — Tuli, Bunot, Bukol, & Blood Donation Mission gifted by Familia Mariñas & Friends for Antipoleños were a total success. The mission were also aided by groups of volunteers.
- Tuli — Circumcision
- Bunot — Dental Checkup and tooth extraction
- Bukol — Benign Tumor check up and or surgery
- Dugo ko Alay ko sa PGH — Blood donation for the Philippine General Hospital
The mission were dedicated to the late Mrs. Cristina “Inang Tinay” in honor of her kindness as a mother of the family and as a mother of the Antipoleños. Familia Mariñas has always been humble and giving as they always consider extending their help to the people of Antipolo City.
In behalf of all the beneficiaries of the surgical and dental mission, we sincerely thank and very much appreciate your constant kindness! — Happy Mother’s Day!
The Mission in Action
The mission took place at Cristimar Village, Basketball Court, Antipolo City and I was able to bring two of my nephews for circumcision. After the circumcision, a free medicine were also given (20 caps antibiotics, 10 caps pain relievers, a small bottle of betadine), enough until the wound gets well.
It is really a gift for us since circumcision may cost no less than a thousand pesos per individual as the same with tooth extraction.
5th Day Swimming Training
My 7 years old daughter continues her freestyle training to improve her stamina. She still needs to improve her hand strokes then she could advance to other styles. It seems that she also keeps forgetting her flutter kicks.
My 10 years old daughter proceeded on breaststroke training after the frog kick tutorial yesterday, 4th day of training. The coach included the freestyle on their practice today. They did the freestyle on their way to the other end then breaststroke on their way back for several times.
7th Day Swimming Training
A one and a half hour of daily training and another hour of practice made my kids swim better in a scientific way. “Scientific Swimming” as described and explained by their coach and I concur since it really improved my kids in swimming. Although the coach were not able to explain his “scientific swimming” much, since I also did not ask much, it must be the proper and studied approach to faster swimming since MILO is related more to competitions or athlete’s development. Scientific in a way that it involves motion and energy.
The kids on basic diving form in swim racing.
The kids were also given time to practice and play after their training.
Summer is not so FUN without swimming adventure but how would you really have fun on waters with your kids if it takes all your time just by worrying and watching while they play. You may also want to teach them how to swim by yourself but they are just so stubborn and keep on ignoring you.
Resorts and Private Pools businesses are now very popular in our city so really have to consider teaching your kids how to swim or enroll them in swimming classes.
Before the school year ended, I already had been looking for summer activities best for my kids and enough for my budget. Fortunately, I had seen this Milo Sports Clinic in Swimming tarp hanging in front of Alta Vista Antipolo. I called and asked for the price and it’s really much cheaper compared to other swimming tutorials and trainings here in Antipolo City.
My Daughters on Their Fourth Day of Training — Ages 7 and 10.
For other areas nationwide, you may want to visit their website http://ww1.nestle.com.ph/. The price may be different depending on the venue. Summer Sport Clinic also offers other courses.
Extending our reach on all corners of the Philippines, we are proudly launching a new website for blogs and news — Philippines Online
Philippines Online aims to provide more informations or details on our country’s:
- Plants and Gardens
Football has always been the most popular sports in the world and Filipinos can excel and be the best in this game.
Talented and skilled, not talented nor skilled. For Filipinos to excel in international football competitions, we have to select talented and skilled players and to select we must have choices.
Right now, I believe that we only have few choices among our children because only few of them are interested in this game and for them to get acquainted in football, let’s us start in local and school competitions. (Schools could push our children in competitions not involving much of cash prize but develop a good sportsmanship.)
Encourage Filipino youth to play football by providing them a football field. I also believe that every municipality can easily provide at least 1 hectare of land for our children. One hectare maybe too big if compared to basketball court but it’s also very small compared to a golf course.
Aside from the popularity in playing football, the game have much physical and mental benefit for our children.
Fan of Football?
The Antipolo Cathedral — Kwaresma 2014
For us Christians, the Season of Lent is time of reflection, prayers, penance and repentance. We take part on this holy occasion to strengthen our devotion.
1 Peter 5:6 “Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:”
Schedule of Masses & Activities — The Antipolo Cathedral.
15-30 Marso (March)
- — Exhibit ng mga imahen ng Mahal na Araw (Immaculate Conception Chapel)
26 Marso (March)
- Miyerkules, 7:00 ng gabi — Lenten Recollection, Speakers: Mr. Noel & Mrs. Gaines Del Rosario
13 Abril — Linggo ng Palaspas sa pagpapakasakit ng Panginoon
- 6:30 ng umaga, magtitipon sa patio ng Katedral ng Antipolo sa paggunita sa matagumpay na pagpasok ni Jesus sa Jerusalem.
- 7:00 ng umaga, Banal na Misa sa Katedral sa pamumuno ng Lubhang Kgg. Gabriel V. Reyes, Obispo ng Antipolo.
- Mga Oras ng Misa —
- Umaga: 4:00, 5:00, 7:00, 8:30, 10:00
- Hapon: 2:00, 3:30, 5:00, 6:30
14 Abril — Lunes Santo.
- Mga Oras ng Misa —
- Umaga: 6:00, 7:00, 8:00, 9:00
- Gabi: 6:00
- 4:00 ng hapon, Istasyon ng Krus sa kabayanan
15 Abril — Martes Santo.
- Mga Oras ng Misa —
- Umaga: 6:00, 7:00, 8:00, 9:00
- Gabi: 6:00
- 7:00 ng gabi, Kumpisalang Bayan
16 Abril — Miyerkules Santo.
- Mga Oras ng Misa—
- Umaga: 6:00, 7:00, 8:00, 9:00
- Gabi: 6:00
- 6:00 ng Gabi — Prusisyon
17 Abril — Huwebes Santo.
- 6:00 ng umaga, Misa ng Kwaresma
- 4:00 ng hapon, Pagmimisa sa pagtatakipsilim sa paghahapunan ng panginoon, paghuhugas ng paa, pagdiriwang ng huling hapunan
- 6:00 ng gabi,
- Prusisyon ng Banal na Sakramento susundan ng pagtatanod hanggang ika-12 ng hating gabi
- Istasyon ng Krus mula Tikling hanggang Katedral ng Antipolo.
18 Abril — Biyernes Santo
- Araw ng Pangilin at Pag-aayuno (sarado and opisina ng parokya, magbubukas sa Linggo ng Pagkabuhay.)
- 7:30 hanggang 11:30 ng umaga, Pagpapakumpisal
- 3:00 ng hapon, Pagdiriwang ng Pagpapakasakit ng Panginoon, Pagpapahayag ng Salita ng Diyos, Pagpaparangal sa Krus na Banal, Banal na Pakikinabang.
- 5:00 ng hapon, Prusisyon ng Libing
19 Abril — Sabado de Gloria
- 8:00 hanggang 11:00 ng umaga, Pagpapakumpisal
- 5:00 ng hapon, prusisyon ng “Soledad”
- 10:00 ng gabi, Magdamagang pagdiriwang ng Pasko ng Pagkabuhay, Pagpaparangal sa ilaw, Pagbabasbas ng Tubig, Pagsasariwa sa pangako ng Pagbibinyag, Pagdiriwang ng huling hapunan,
20 Abril — Linggo ng Pagkabuhay.
- 4:00 ng madaling araw, Salubong, Lugar: Sumulong Park,
- Mga Oras ng Misa —
- Umaga: 5:00, 6:30, 8:00, 9:30, 11:00
- Hapon: 2:00, 4:00, 5:30, 7:00
- 8:00 ng gabi, EASTER BALL sa Sumulong Park
Labing-apat na Istasyon sa Krus
(14 Stations of the Cross — Catholic. Poster images taken on the patio of the Antipolo Cathedral.)
1. Unang Istasyon — Ang Huling Hapunan
2. Ikalawang Istasyon — Ang Panalangin sa Getsemani
3. Ikatlong Istasyon — Ang Paghatol kay Hesus
4. Ika-apat na Istasyon — Ang Paghampas kay Hesus.
5. Ika-limang Istasyon — Pinasan ni Hesus ang Krus.
6. Ika-anim na Istasyon — Nadapa si Hesus sa bigat ng krus.
7. Ika-pitong Istasyon — Tinulungan si Hesus ni Simon Cireneo.
8. Ika-walong Istasyon — Nasalubong ni Hesus and mga babaeng taga-Jerusalem.
9. Ika-siyam na Istasyon — Ipinako si Hesus sa krus.
10. Ika-sampung Istasyon — Pinatawad ni Hesus ang nagsising magnanakaw.
11. Ika-labing Isang Istasyon — Si Maria at Juan sa paanan ng krus.
12. Ika-labindalawang Istasyon — Namatay si Hesus sa krus.
13. Ika-labing tatlong Istasyon — Inilibing si Hesus.
14. Ika-labing Apat na Istasyon — Muling Nabuhay si Hesus.
Antipolo City has always been a target of local tourists specially during summer because of its moderate climate and accessibility. The abundance of trees contributes much to the fair temperature of the city which the visitors always wanted to experience. Other than the quality of air and climate of the city, I have listed several activities to do while in Antipolo City.
Thanks God there are still fruit bearing trees to climb in Antipolo City.
1. Visiting the Antipolo Cathedral — A model of the Blessed Virgin Mary is preserved in this church. It is most known as the Virgin of Antipolo or Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage. Travelers visit and pray here for good luck or safer travel and often comes back to give thanks after.
During Holy Week, particularly on Maundy Thursday, from afternoon onwards, thousands of devotees from Metro Manila and other neighboring towns participate the ‘Alay Lakad’ towards the Antipolo Cathedral and towards the White Cross as their penitence in observing the holiness of these days. (More story after the Holy Week)
2. Hinulugang Taktak National Park — Visit in Antipolo City is more complete if you at least view the waterfalls on this historic place. The place was converted into National Park under the administration of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources DENR in coordination with the Department of Tourism DOT and the provincial government of Rizal. The park amenities include a swimming pools and cottages. (Unfortunately, the park may not be available this summer 2014 because of major improvement).
3. Resorts Experience — There are more than 50 affordable resorts in Antipolo City. Every resort has a unique quality to meet your desired vacation. Antipolo Resorts, Hotels and Exclusive Guest Houses are well improved and now ready for Summer Fun. For Guest Houses with Private Pools be sure to call and have your reservations first.
4. Sumulong Park Summer Events — The Antipolo City, government and non-government organizations work on several summer events usually held in this park. The park is located in front of the City Hall and the Antipolo Cathedral. Always watch out and events will be published on this website prior to the dates. For visitors of Antipolo City, consider an itinerary on this park and you may be lucky to encounter any of the Summer Fun Activities.
5. Exercise at Ynares Center Parking Space — Your vacations will be healthier if you will at least do a little exercise. Before going through your other activities, spare a time in this parking area and have a jogging or stretching as you breath the priceless unpolluted air of Antipolo City. From 6:00 am, visitors may also be able to join a group in dance exercises in several routines like zumba or other ballroom dance steps.
6. Daang Bakal Road Fun — Morning joggers and bikers also go through this road. The Parish of the Immaculate Heart of Mary located on this road and is also worth of visit.
7. Pasalubong Center — The place is currently located beside the Victory Mall where you can buy kasoy, suman, yema and Etc. Antipoleños is always proud of their unique suman (a steamed glutinous rice with coconut milk wrapped with palm leaves). Kasoy (cashew nuts) can be bought cheaper in Antipolo.
8. Palengke Visit — It is a great experience to know Antipolo City deeper and one best place is the Public Market where you can interact on Antipolo’s common people. Fresh Vegetables from the farms of Antipolo and neighboring towns may be bought here. Pasalubong can also be purchased at the facade of the market.
9. Nightlife in Antipolo City — Most resorts of the city are open all days and all nights during summer seasons. During your stay, find time in visiting any of the bars and restaurants located mostly along Sumulong Highway where you can overlook the sparkling lights of Metro Manila. Some famous bars and restaurants are also along the circumferential road.