Antipolo City has always been a target of local tourists specially during summer because of its moderate climate and accessibility. The abundance of trees contributes much to the fair temperature of the city which the visitors always wanted to experience. Other than the quality of air and climate of the city, I have listed several activities to do while in Antipolo City.
Thanks God there are still fruit bearing trees to climb in Antipolo City.
1. Visiting the Antipolo Cathedral — A model of the Blessed Virgin Mary is preserved in this church. It is most known as the Virgin of Antipolo or Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage. Travelers visit and pray here for good luck or safer travel and often comes back to give thanks after.
During Holy Week, particularly on Maundy Thursday, from afternoon onwards, thousands of devotees from Metro Manila and other neighboring towns participate the ‘Alay Lakad’ towards the Antipolo Cathedral and towards the White Cross as their penitence in observing the holiness of these days. (More story after the Holy Week)
2. Hinulugang Taktak National Park — Visit in Antipolo City is more complete if you at least view the waterfalls on this historic place. The place was converted into National Park under the administration of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources DENR in coordination with the Department of Tourism DOT and the provincial government of Rizal. The park amenities include a swimming pools and cottages. (Unfortunately, the park may not be available this summer 2014 because of major improvement).
3. Resorts Experience — There are more than 50 affordable resorts in Antipolo City. Every resort has a unique quality to meet your desired vacation. Antipolo Resorts, Hotels and Exclusive Guest Houses are well improved and now ready for Summer Fun. For Guest Houses with Private Pools be sure to call and have your reservations first.
4. Sumulong Park Summer Events — The Antipolo City, government and non-government organizations work on several summer events usually held in this park. The park is located in front of the City Hall and the Antipolo Cathedral. Always watch out and events will be published on this website prior to the dates. For visitors of Antipolo City, consider an itinerary on this park and you may be lucky to encounter any of the Summer Fun Activities.
5. Exercise at Ynares Center Parking Space — Your vacations will be healthier if you will at least do a little exercise. Before going through your other activities, spare a time in this parking area and have a jogging or stretching as you breath the priceless unpolluted air of Antipolo City. From 6:00 am, visitors may also be able to join a group in dance exercises in several routines like zumba or other ballroom dance steps.
6. Daang Bakal Road Fun — Morning joggers and bikers also go through this road. The Parish of the Immaculate Heart of Mary located on this road and is also worth of visit.
7. Pasalubong Center — The place is currently located beside the Victory Mall where you can buy kasoy, suman, yema and Etc. Antipoleños is always proud of their unique suman (a steamed glutinous rice with coconut milk wrapped with palm leaves). Kasoy (cashew nuts) can be bought cheaper in Antipolo.
8. Palengke Visit — It is a great experience to know Antipolo City deeper and one best place is the Public Market where you can interact on Antipolo’s common people. Fresh Vegetables from the farms of Antipolo and neighboring towns may be bought here. Pasalubong can also be purchased at the facade of the market.
9. Nightlife in Antipolo City — Most resorts of the city are open all days and all nights during summer seasons. During your stay, find time in visiting any of the bars and restaurants located mostly along Sumulong Highway where you can overlook the sparkling lights of Metro Manila. Some famous bars and restaurants are also along the circumferential road.